Greetings from Puerto Rico!

This is Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Toni McFadden

Greetings from Puerto Rico!

Postby LuisC » Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:56 am

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a minute and introduced myself to the community.

My name is Luis Cintron and I am native of Puerto Rico. I started my career in the US Air Force in the electronics field and through the years found my passion in maintaining computer systems and coding programs.

I have worked in small remote outfits, medium size IT firms, and Delta Air Lines, a 90,000 employee giant.

The opportunity to work in a school district in Alaska is a unique life experience. There is something special about working in smaller communities; stronger connections with others, a variety of opportunities to contribute.

I hope I get the opportunity to work side by side with some of you in Alaska, the great expanse!

Sincerely,
Luis Cintron
https://www.linkedin.com/in/luiscintron/
LuisC

Re: Greetings from Puerto Rico!

Postby Johncn » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:58 am

Welcome, Luis.

Alaska school districts need Ed Tech / IT staff in various capacities more than ever with schooling itself often using hybrid or distant education. You seem to have lots of IT strengths and diverse experiences at a glance, and am sure your candidacy will generate some attention from district HR staff. Feel free to ask any questions you might have about working in and living in Alaska, and make sure to do your homework on the different regions of the state, and their school districts here:

Alaska Teacher Placement
https://www.alaskateacher.org/

Regards,

John
Johncn

Return to ATP Forum