Anchorage School District years of transfer acceptance

This is Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Toni McFadden

Anchorage School District years of transfer acceptance

Postby aliciahicks » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:42 pm

Good Afternoon ATP,

I was wondering if you could tell me how many years of service Anchorage School District will transfer with teachers who have a masters degree? I could not find it anywhere on their website.

Respectfully,
Alicia
aliciahicks

Re: Anchorage School District years of transfer acceptance

Postby Johncn » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello,

Most districts in Alaska post their "Negotiated Agreement" (union contract) somewhere on their website, and it can typically be downloaded as a PDF. The placement of teachers on a step / lane "salary schedule" is specific to each district, but there are some limits in state statute...not minimums, but maximums that are explained on the main ATP website with links to the references. Hope that makes sense. ;-)

In Anchorage School District's case, the Negotiated Agreement is a PDF that has the salary schedule included here:

ASD Negotiated Agreement (2018-21 SY)
https://www.asdk12.org/cms/lib/AK02207157/Centricity/Domain/1201/ASD%20AEA%202018-2021%20NEGOTIATED%20AGREEMENT%203.pdf

On page 11 of that document, it says this:

This seems to indicate a maximum of eight years for a candidate with a Master's Degree for the 2020-21 SY, but I would recommend you ask the district about the new (2021 and onward) salary schedule if you get a follow up interview. There is an additional stipend for National Certification, apparently, if that is something a teacher has prior to hire.

Hope this helps,

John
Johncn

Re: Anchorage School District years of transfer acceptance

Postby aliciahicks » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:03 pm

Thank-you so much John... :D Alicia
aliciahicks

Return to ATP Forum