Anymore Virtual Job Fairs

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Damon Hargraves, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden

Anymore Virtual Job Fairs

Postby TrapperJohn » Wed May 02, 2018 2:50 am

I'm asking this from the standpoint of being hired as a Principal in the Bush after the dates of the posted Virtual job fairs on ATP. Are they going to have anymore since I know my school hasnt filled everything?

Thanks,

TJ
TrapperJohn

Re: Anymore Virtual Job Fairs

Postby Johncn » Wed May 02, 2018 3:33 am

Hi,

Typically a few of these happen after the face-to-face job fairs have ended for the season, but none are currently scheduled.

There are, however, still two ATP hosted job fairs coming up, including one in Anchorage that was just recently finalized:

May 8, 2018
Embassy Suites Austin Central
Austin, Texas

June 15, 2018
Sheraton Hotel
Anchorage, Alaska

Details on the new Summer ATP Anchorage Job Fair will be posted on the main ATP site, and on a sticky for this forum later this morning.

Regards,

John
Johncn

Postby Teacher126 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Am I allowed to post this reply? I wonder....
But I am looking for a position in Alaska.
I filled out the Applitrack.
Bye for now.
Teacher126

Postby Johncn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi,

There is a REAL job fair tomorrow in Anchorage from 9 AM to 4 PM at the Anchorage Sheraton. However, districts attending will ALSO be reviewing candidate resumes for those who are currently looking for an Alaska teaching or admin job, but can't make the fair. They will be following up virtually (Skype, What's App, phone, etc.) with candidates they are interested in speaking with, and some of that will likely happen tomorrow.

Info and free registration link is here:

http://www.alaskateacher.org/alaska_job_fairs.php

If I were you (or anyone ACTIVELY looking for an Alaska job), I would send a resume and cover letter to ATP at this address ASAP:

atp@teachers4schools.com

Make the Subject field "I Am Still Looking for an Alaska Job!", and it will be included in the review pile for tomorrow's event.

Here are the districts currently registered, but there are always walk in districts and candidates:

• Aleutian Region
  • Anchorage
  • Bering Strait
  • Chatham
  • Chugach
  • Dillingham
  • Hydaburg
  • Ketchikan
  • Kuspuk
  • Lower Kuskokwim
  • Lower Yukon
  • Nome
  • North Slope
  • Tanana
  • Valdez
  • Yukon Koyukuk
  • Yupiit

Regards,

John
Johncn

Postby Teacher126 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:02 pm

Johncn wrote:Hi,

There is a REAL job fair tomorrow in Anchorage from 9 AM to 4 PM at the Anchorage Sheraton. However, districts attending will ALSO be reviewing candidate resumes for those who are currently looking for an Alaska teaching or admin job, but can't make the fair. They will be following up virtually (Skype, What's App, phone, etc.) with candidates they are interested in speaking with, and some of that will likely happen tomorrow.

Info and free registration link is here:

http://www.alaskateacher.org/alaska_job_fairs.php

If I were you (or anyone ACTIVELY looking for an Alaska job), I would send a resume and cover letter to ATP at this address ASAP:

atp@teachers4schools.com

Make the Subject field "I Am Still Looking for an Alaska Job!", and it will be included in the review pile for tomorrow's event.

Here are the districts currently registered, but there are always walk in districts and candidates:

• Aleutian Region
  • Anchorage
  • Bering Strait
  • Chatham
  • Chugach
  • Dillingham
  • Hydaburg
  • Ketchikan
  • Kuspuk
  • Lower Kuskokwim
  • Lower Yukon
  • Nome
  • North Slope
  • Tanana
  • Valdez
  • Yukon Koyukuk
  • Yupiit

Regards,

John

Thank you so much John. I have done exactly what you advised! Thanks.
Teacher126

Return to ATP Forum