Thank you ATP !!

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Thank you ATP !!

Postby madowlspeaks » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:17 pm

I signed a letter of intent with an amazing district today and can't stop smiling. This job fair has been and is (as it is still going on) the best experience! The people organizing and helping are super ! This has been a very well thought out event. Thanks for all you do !! :D :D
madowlspeaks

Re: Thank you ATP !!

Postby Courtney » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:24 pm

How exciting! Congrats! :D
Courtney

Postby Johncn » Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:13 am

Congratulations! That's what the ATP job fairs, and this forum itself are all about: helping candidates find districts with the right jobs for them, and vice versa!

Feel free to use the ATP Forum as you prepare for your move. Lots of folks here will be happy to pitch in with tips and ideas from their own experiences.

John
Johncn

Postby esbynum » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:18 am

I'd like to say two things. First of all, congratulations to Jessica on her new job. Secondly, I'd also like to say thanks to ATP and everyone who has been so helpful. I too signed on with a district this morning and couldn't have done it without all the help from here.
esbynum

Postby robfamily6 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:09 pm

so where are you guys going?

if you don't mind my asking
robfamily6

Postby esbynum » Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:59 pm

I am headed to the Lower Yukon School District.
esbynum

Postby madowlspeaks » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:01 pm

Yukon Koyukuk! :D
madowlspeaks

Postby jabullock » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:06 pm

Congrats to you both!
Tech Help
jabullock

Postby Betty Walters » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:53 am

Jessica,

You will have a great time in your new experience in Alaska. YKSD sites are all out of Fairbanks and FAI (major airport designation) will be the place for your district new teacher in-service in August. It will be a great opportunity to set up your banking, various general needs accounts with Sam's Club, Fred Meyers, Safeway, etc for food, household items, doctor, dental or pharmacy needs, etc. You will also have many businesses with outdoor clothing and gear that will be necessary for winter if you are coming from a much warmer climate. Importantly, the time in Fairbanks with district staff and returning teachers will be beneficial with information on curriculum and instruction, community history and culture, school activities, etc.

Have a great time preparing for your move.

Betty Walters
Alaska Statewide Mentor Project
bettywalters.asmp@gmail.com
Betty Walters

Return to ATP Forum