Online Cert Process

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Damon Hargraves, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden

Online Cert Process

Postby Kait_Moe » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Hello!

I am working towards getting my AK teaching License. I already have a valid out-of-state WA teaching license and have done some research on both ATP and EED websites for completing the application process. My question: Is there a way to fill the application out online (and attach the additional information) or do I need to print and mail it in?

This is the form I found to fill out:
https://education.alaska.gov/teachercertification/forms/Initial_Out_of_State.pdf

Thanks!
K
Kait_Moe

Re: Online Cert Process

Postby Johncn » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:57 pm

Hello,

There is no way to do it entirely online that I am aware of. The application pages have to be enclosed in a single packet or USPS flat rate envelope. The original forms have to be signed, fingerprint cards inked and submitted, etc...it's not a process that lends itself easily to just filling out the information into submission boxes, I'm afraid. The video of the ATP live chat with EED Teacher Certification Manager from Alaska EED two weeks ago includes a great deal of information about the process, tips and tricks, do's and don'ts.

Hope this helps,

John
Johncn

Postby AKteacher86 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:39 am

I went through this process 4 years ago and it was extremely extensive. Make sure to give yourself several months to complete all components thoroughly THE FIRST TIME. They will send everything back if one tiny piece of the pie is missing.
AKteacher86

Postby mrharvilla » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:59 am

I had to print and mail in. I would send certified mail so you know when it was received.
mrharvilla

Return to ATP Forum