Any info about districts attending ANC job fair?

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Damon Hargraves, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden

Any info about districts attending ANC job fair?

Postby AKteacher86 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 am

I'm looking for info pertaining to the districts who are planning on being attendance at the ANC job fair this March? I'm specifically wondering about road system jobs and whether or not it's too early on for them to be hiring elem ed positions. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
AKteacher86

Re: Any info about districts attending ANC job fair?

Postby Johncn » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:49 am

Hello,

District registrations don't have a deadline, and continue up until the day of our job fairs, but the vast majority of Alaska districts do attend the Anchorage Job Fair. That means in a typical year between 40-50 districts will be in attendance.

Although I am answering your question, please remember that we are still about a month away from the ANC event. This list is NOT complete by any means, but as of early this morning (7:30 AM Alaska Time), we have the following twenty-eight (28) districts signed up for the ATP Anchorage Job Fair on March 16 & 17.

Alaska Gateway School District
Annette Island School District
Bering Strait School District
Chatham School District
Chugach School District
Craig City School District
Denali Borough School District
Dillingham City School District
Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Galena City School District
Juneau School District
Kashunamiut School District (Chevak)
Kenai Peninsula Borough School District
Kuspuk School District
Lower Kuskokwim School District
Lower Yukon School District
Mat Su (MSBSD)
Nome Public Schools
North Slope Borough School District
Southeast Island School District
Southwest Region School District
Special Education Service Agency
St. Mary's School District
Tanana City School District
Unalaska City School District
Yukon Flats School District
Yukon Koyukuk School District
Yupiit School District

A district not being listed here does NOT mean they won't attend. There will be plenty of additions between now and March 16th.

In addition, Valdez has indicated that they may attend, but are not sure yet. As we get closer to the event, I'm sure Toni will update the ATP Forum with official numbers for each of the fairs.

Hope this helps,

John
Johncn

Return to ATP Forum