Cheapest heated storage in Anchorage is????

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Damon Hargraves, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden

Cheapest heated storage in Anchorage is????

Postby kazachka » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm on spring break in 4 weeks and probably should nail something then since units go in the summer and I don't want to be up a creek. I need a heated unit for an SUV and the stuff I'm not shipping out. The school I'm at now used to pay teachers hazard pay for the dangerous drive. My car is reliable will literally go anywhere and through a foot or so of snow on days I get up too early and beat the plow. Therefore NOT FOR SALE! Not selling the Lexus! I always have friends I stay with in Anchorage and I want the freedom to get in that car and go wherever when I do come out of the village. I don't want it in cold storage even though I'll disconnect the battery when I'm out for months at a time.So, where do you all store? Under 200$mo would be ideal......
kazachka

Re: Cheapest heated storage in Anchorage is????

Postby Bushteachers » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:38 pm

We don't store. Discovered that renting a car for the time we are in Anchorage was cheaper than storing for a year.
However, we have many friends that store their vehicles at the homes of former teachers.
Bushteachers

Postby kazachka » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:45 am

Yes, I park at friends' too like when I go out over the summer and winter breaks, but parking indefinitely I doubt will work. :cry: Not all storage lets you park a car in the unit....makes it hard to find a good place for both car and stuff.
kazachka

Postby Bushteachers » Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:41 am

kazachka wrote:Yes, I park at friends' too like when I go out over the summer and winter breaks, but parking indefinitely I doubt will work. :cry: Not all storage lets you park a car in the unit....makes it hard to find a good place for both car and stuff.

That would be an issue. The storage places I know of have separate storing spots for cars and stuff. I do not know the name, but there is a heated parking place near the airport. They will even charge your battery for you. It's not free but it isn't a mortgage payment either. I'll see if I can find the name.
Bushteachers

Return to ATP Forum