Akiak

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Akiak

Postby Fabbecky » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:12 am

I am waiting to hear back from some District personnel but I'm also hoping that maybe their are some people on the forum with experience in Akiak or who might even be there currently.

I am so excited to get started, and there is only so much the internet can tell me about living there...
Fabbecky

Re: Akiak

Postby jamieburgess » Fri May 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Hi! I am currently in Akiachak, which is in the Yupiit School District. Glad to have you aboard!! If you want to private message me your email address, I'll put you in touch with one of the teachers in Akiak who has been in the district for 10 years - she can tell you all about the village and what to expect. I am moving on to Nome next year, but you'll like Akiak - it's small but well-run and there's some great kids and teachers there.

Jamie
jamieburgess

Return to ATP Forum