Moving with my family

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Moving with my family

Postby Fabbecky » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:58 am

I've had interviews so far with 2 off the road districts and am crossing fingers, and hoping and praying... it truly would be the fulfillment of a lifelong dream... I am concerned that having a family that would move with me (husband and 2 young children) makes me less desirable though? Do I have to give up the dream and settle for something else?
Fabbecky

Re: Moving with my family

Postby mrsbettyhall » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:30 am

Where have you interviewed? I was hired in March as an assistant principal at fly-in school, and I'm bringing my family (husband, 4 year old, and two year old) along.
mrsbettyhall

Postby Fabbecky » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:35 am

Dillingham District for the Togiak School and the Twin Hills school and have a phone interview for Yupiit District in about 10 minutes.
Fabbecky

Postby mrsbettyhall » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:39 am

Good luck! I'll be with the BSSD. I would love it if there were other teachers with families up there, too.
mrsbettyhall

Postby Fabbecky » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:33 am

Well if your district needs SpEd or Social Studies let me know!
Fabbecky

Return to ATP Forum