Using this forum

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Using this forum

Postby lardas » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:04 am

Coming as I am from Kuwait, is it possible for me to describe the kind of position I want in Alaska, and hope someone sees it? There is a lot of information out there and much of it is confusing. I know what I want and I know I could contact all the districts but am wondering if posting something here would be a more effective use of time and energy. Thanks.
lardas

Re: Using this forum

Postby Johncn » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:20 am

lardas wrote:... is it possible for me to describe the kind of position I want in Alaska, and hope someone sees it? There is a lot of information out there and much of it is confusing. I know what I want and I know I could contact all the districts but am wondering if posting something here would be a more effective use of time and energy.

Hello,

Are there school administrators and recruiters who visit this forum to read candidate posts? Yes. Do they sometimes reach out to candidates? Yes. Is that a sound strategy for a job search? Probably not.

I would encourage you to post here, but rely on the ATP Applitrack system, as well as contacting directly via multiple means the districts you are most interested in pursuing.

Hope this helps,

John
Johncn

Re: Using this forum

Postby lardas » Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Thanks!
lardas

Return to ATP Forum