ATP Summer Job Fair Registration - 2017

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Re: ATP Job Fairs Registration Open - 2016 Cycle

Postby NeilH » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:35 pm

Will we get a confirmation that we have registered for the job fair? I registered before getting a plane ticket, but want to be sure all is fine.

Got my yellow card back in early December... :D
NeilH

Postby Johncn » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi Neil,

You are not only registered, you are registered twice, actually, with two different emails. Your responses were essentially the same for most questions in both September and October. Candidates who finish the registration process get the "Success" and thank you page. Then, as the recruiting season starts, they will start to get additional updates by email regarding the ATP Job Fairs.

Regards,

John
Johncn

Postby Summer_LangArts » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:47 pm

I'm very excited to go to the job fair! I've been practicing interview questions and studying the districts coming.

Thank you for all the help and information! The Live Chat about the fair was extremely helpful.

Is there a way to double check that we really did register for the fair?

See everyone on Thursday!
Summer_LangArts

Postby Johncn » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:23 am

Hi Summer,

I have checked your registration, and it is complete for the Anchorage Job Fair. You are coming a long way for the event! With your experience in Alaska, and now with experience teaching overseas, I'm sure you'll get some interviews. You may want to reach out to the districts you are most interested in with a cover letter and resume, explain where you are working now, and that you are crossing the International dateline for an interview. ;-)

Good luck in your search, and in defeating jet lag.

John
Johncn

Previous

Return to ATP Forum