Teacher Housing in the Southeast

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Teacher Housing in the Southeast

Postby tKoz » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:16 am

Hello. I am hoping someone can tell me which districts in the southeast provide teacher housing that is family-friendly? From there I suspect I will need to get in touch with each district to see if they anticipate openings/housing availability for the 2016-17 school year. Thanks.
:D
tKoz

Re: Teacher Housing in the Southeast

Postby Johncn » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:46 am

Hi,

You may want to define "family-friendly housing" in order to get more response to your question. I am not familiar with Southeast district housing personally, but I can't wrap my head around family-friendly housing very well either. ;-) Perhaps you should say what you are seeking in quantifiable terms?

John
Johncn

Postby tKoz » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:38 pm

Good point. I was thinking at least a 3-bedroom that would allow a small dog. Also wondering about cost of rent and living expenses, as well as access to healthy affordable food.
tKoz

Postby team_tina » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:35 pm

Great question! I want to know as well: what schools in Southeast offer teacher housing?
team_tina

Return to ATP Forum