Survey for project for me to graduate from University

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Survey for project for me to graduate from University

Postby Fred14 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:17 pm

I am currently a student at Azusa Pacific University. I am conducting a research project on the subject of high school teacher retention. Thank you for taking time out of your busy lives to help me with my research by filling out this survey. This survey is part of my graduation requirement.
Please answer the following as clearly as possible:
Circle one:
Male or Female
Years teaching in high school:
A. 1 year-3 years, B. 4 years-6 years, C. 7 years-8 years D. Over 8 years
Age group:
A. 23-30 B. 30-40 C. 40-50 D. 50+
Line items:
Please rate the following on a scale from 1-5. With 1 being the least significant in teacher retention, and 5 being the most significant items:
1. Pay rate 1 2 3 4 5
2. New teachers preparation 1 2 3 4 5
3. Administrative load 1 2 3 4 5
4. Interaction with students 1 2 3 4 5
5. Interaction with parents 1 2 3 4 5
6. Faculty Development 1 2 3 4 5
7. Available learning resources and support services 1 2 3 4 5
8. Amount of work outside of classroom instruction 1 2 3 4 5
9. Job security 1 2 3 4 5
10. Interaction with school administration 1 2 3 4 5
Open ended questions:
1. What would you change about the teaching environment to make it more desirable for teachers and students? Please be specific and thorough in your answer.
2. Besides educating the future generation, wanting to help others, or teaching because it was a “calling” what else motivated you to become a teacher?
3. Do you have any additional information you would like to add?
Fred14

Re: Survey for project for me to graduate from University

Postby Bushteachers » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:35 pm

If you would use survey monkey with this survey, you might see a little bit better luck. I'd love to do this, but this would be a pain for me on my phone.
Bushteachers

Return to ATP Forum