Being "Under Contract"

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Being "Under Contract"

Postby jsensat » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:47 am

Hello,

I am currently teaching in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and am moving to Eagle River, AK in May, when my school year is over. I am certified to teach here and have also received my Alaska teacher certification. I noticed that when I apply for jobs through the Anchorage School District website it says that they will not hire you if you are currently under contract with another district. Since I am not under contract for the next school year (2015-2016), and that is the school year for which I am applying for, do I wait until I am finished teaching at my current job, then go back to my application and change my answer to "No, I am not under contract with another district"?. I just want to make sure I am answering the questions accurately.

Thanks for the help!

Jessica
jsensat

Re: Being "Under Contract"

Postby jamieburgess » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:07 pm

If you have not signed a contract for the 2015-2016 school year with your current district, you would NOT be considered under contract. Only if you had already signed a contract for the next year with your district (and would therefore have to be released or break your contract if you accepted another position with another district) would you be considered under contract.
jamieburgess

Re: Being "Under Contract"

Postby jsensat » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:31 am

Thank you very much :)
jsensat

Return to ATP Forum