Aleutian East Borough School District---Any advice?!?

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Aleutian East Borough School District---Any advice?!?

Postby ElemEducator » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:30 am

Good Morning!

I recently accepted a position within the AEBSD and am really ecstatic about this opportunity! Ive already taught in rural Alaska for about 7 months, and this looks like quite the upgrade.

I was wondering if anybody had any specific information in regards to Sand Point. I accepted the 6th grade position there, and the wife and I will be making the move in July.

I'm specifically looking for information that pertains to housing. The teacher housing is reserved for families, so I have been told an apartment will be found for us. Anyone with experience in Sand Point (or the district) have any input on this?

Sand Point looks absolutely beautiful and Im thrilled to have accepted the position. The school has a swimming room AND there are paved roads.....WOW, what a luxury!

Again, any information pertaining to Sand Point would be immensely appreciated!

Good luck to all on the job hunt
ElemEducator

Re: Aleutian East Borough School District---Any advice?!?

Postby AMK4 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:29 am

I am the 4th grade teacher in Sand Point and my boyfriend is the Tech Director. We have been here a few years and are very happy here. Shoot me an email at akurmes@aebsd.org and I will be happy to tell you anything you would like to know! Looking forward to meeting you soon.
AMK4

Return to ATP Forum