2015 Job Fairs

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

2015 Job Fairs

Postby esbynum » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Forgive me if this has been covered. I did some searching in the old forums but I have a few questions regarding the job fairs.

Now that they have set the dates for the fairs in 2015, I am starting to plan which one I will attend. Anchorage is the first one and that is what I have a few questions about.

1. How much bigger is the Anchorage fair than the ones in the L48? This is the one I want to get to but it is not cheap. On the website it says that over 45 of the districts attend the Anchorage fair, but how many are at the others? I couldn't find the 2014 info online anymore.

2. Is there a deal that they run on the fair hotel? I don't see anything yet and the hotel is not cheap either.

I'd be interested in speaking with anyone else in my shoes who will be searching for a job in 2015 as well. I see there is a new one in Portland next year as well.
Happy job hunting everyone.
esbynum

Re: 2015 Job Fairs

Postby Johncn » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi,

Yes, the Anchorage Job Fair is traditionally the biggest of the Alaska-centered recruiting events each year, and most of the districts in the state participate in some fashion. In comparison, the Lower 48 Job Fairs usually have between 10 and 17 districts attending.

The conference hotels usually have an ATP rate for the job fairs, but it may be too early to get that information. It's usually about $99 or so, or has been the last couple of years.

Hope this helps,

John
Johncn

Re: 2015 Job Fairs

Postby esbynum » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:48 pm

John, that is exactly what I was looking for. That is a drastic difference in the number of districts attending.

Thanks again.
Eric
esbynum

Return to ATP Forum