Where are all the new hires for rural Alaska???

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Damon Hargraves, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden

Where are all the new hires for rural Alaska???

Postby Betty Walters » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:05 pm

I usually see so many questions flying through the ATP Forum at this time of the year. Not so it seems this year. Hmmm, educators must be diving into the archives for answers to all their needs.

There are still positions being advertised by school districts and opportunities exist for both teachers and administrators. If you or people you know are considering a move to Alaska and you (or they) are interested in being involved in a very rewarding career, follow through on the ATP Job Posts and call a school that may interest you. You will join a staff who work closely with students, families and community members. It is a chance to share your education and your experiences with children and teens who need teachers who are dedicated and willing to work beyond the local area where they now live. Be adventurous! If you have not been to Alaska, you will find that sports, outdoor recreation, school and community activities, and travel that will become an important part of your life with students, staff and community.

Enjoy the rest of July as you ready for the trip to your new home and school. A fantastic school year lies ahead.

Contact me at anytime. There are no foolish questions. If I do not know the answer, I'll try to find one for you!

Betty Walters
Alaska Statewide Mentor Project
bettywalters.asmp@gmail.com
(907) 441-5860
Betty Walters

Return to ATP Forum