Share the joy

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Share the joy

Postby Darla Grediagin » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:32 am

Good morning,

One great thing about this board is we can do a little bragging when we get a new job :D . Please feel free to let up know if you got a job and where it is.

Have an awesome weekend,

Darla
Darla Grediagin

Re: Share the joy

Postby jen_sargent679 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:44 pm

I feel like its a football draft :P I signed a letter of intent with North Slope! I'm going to be an 11th and 12th grade science teacher at Barrow High School!

I am so excited for this adventure!
jen_sargent679

Postby Courtney » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Well, I already shared my news, but I'll happily post it again because I'm just THAT excited. ;)

I've signed a contract with Lower Yukon School District, and I'm going to be teaching kindergarten at Alakanuk. It's a brand new school, and it looks gorgeous!

[Congrats on your position, Jen!]
Courtney

Postby Johncn » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:22 pm

Jen,

The parallels to the NFL Draft are numerous. Congrats on being a high pick, and let us know if we can help between now and NSBSD's Training Camp. ;-)

John
Johncn

Postby jen_sargent679 » Thu May 01, 2014 4:58 am

Thanks John! You are so helpful to all us newbies! I think all the information is going to make the transition a lot easier.

And Congrats to Courtney for her job in the Lower Yukon! Kindergarten is a fun age group to work with. I wish you all the patience in the world. :D

Jennifer
jen_sargent679

Postby Darla Grediagin » Thu May 01, 2014 4:45 pm

Congratulations on all the new positions. I hope you all have a fantastic time.

Darla
Darla Grediagin

Postby Toni McFadden » Mon May 05, 2014 2:55 pm

Congratulations on your new positions. Alaska Teacher Placement has a link to bloggers who teach in Alaska. If you are the writing type and want to start or continue an existing blog, please let us know and we can add you to our current blogger's list.
Again, congrats on your new gig, Alaska is an amazing place to live and work.
Alaska Teacher Placement
Toni McFadden

Postby BigTechDaddy » Fri May 09, 2014 11:33 am

My wife has accepted a position with Hydaburg City Schools as SPED/History. Time for some island living!
BigTechDaddy

Postby Johncn » Fri May 09, 2014 11:44 am

Congrats to your wife. I used to teach that combination once upon a time, but not in Southeast. Enjoy your preparations, and let us know how we can help. I will admit to not being the best informed about all things SE Alaska, but others will contribute.

John
Johncn

Return to ATP Forum