Music Teacher Introduction

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden, Damon Hargraves

Music Teacher Introduction

Postby joebullock36 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:30 am

Im Joe Bullock presently teaching Chor/band/classical guitar in Kotzebue.
Budget considerations cut ONE of three music positions in NWARCTIC SD for 2019-20...
so..."last hired, first fired"...I have excellent letters of Rec from HS Principal Jenkins, Asst Princpal Weiland
and MS Principal Jones as well as excellent "official evaluation" for 2018-19.

2018-19 is my first year in Alaska ~ I want to stay, I love it here. I bought an ATV and Snow machine and
put over 300 miles on during spring break...Noatak and Beyond!

I've taught Vocal Music 20+ yrs, Classical Guitar for 5, music theory/history and US and World History.
My favorite history topics (and reads) are Roman Military History, American Civil War and British History
(Philapa Gregory and Bernard Cornwell). My latest read is "Educated' by Tara Westbrook, great book hard to believe!

Road or Bush.....I'm interested.
joebullock36

Re: Music Teacher Introduction

Postby brittanytaraba » Tue May 14, 2019 9:42 am

I've seen several posts for music teachers in the last couple of days. Good luck to you!
brittanytaraba

Return to ATP Forum