Anchorage Job Fair

This is the new version of the Alaska Teacher Placement (ATP) forum for teachers, education majors, and school administrators to discuss working and living in the state of Alaska. Those considering an Alaskan job, or considering a new Alaskan education job ask questions, and those with information and/or opinions provide answers. Although many users are teacher or principal candidates from the Lower 48, a large number of current and former school district HR and school administrators subscribe.

Moderators: Johncn, Damon Hargraves, Betty Walters, Toni McFadden

Anchorage Job Fair

Postby brittanytaraba » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Does anyone have tips for the Anchorage Job Fair? What was the best question either you asked districts or a district asked you?

I figured I would bring copies of my resume and perhaps a portfolio. I'm excited and nervous all at once.
brittanytaraba

Re: Anchorage Job Fair

Postby Toni McFadden » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Hello Brittany,
We are hosting a Facebook live chat on this very topic on February 15 at 3:00 Alaska Time. If you miss the talk, or can't make it you can find it on our Facebook page under videos. I look forward to meeting you at the Anchorage Job Fair! Toni
Toni McFadden

Postby brittanytaraba » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:13 pm

My excitement level is through the roof. Also, a bit of nerves :)

In exactly one week, I will be in Anchorage! Does anyone ever do a meet-up?
brittanytaraba

Postby Johncn » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:57 pm

Yes, in past years many ATP Anchorage Job Fair candidates have scheduled meetups. The main pub at the Captain Cook, Fletcher's, has often been used for this purpose. They have a large round table at each end of the bar, and some have made that a meeting place and hang out. You could post a thread on the ATP for that purpose, as has been done in the past. I would start a new topic, though. Wish I could join you, but not going to be there this year! :ugeek:

John
Johncn

Return to ATP Forum